Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fireworks, Grandparents and holidays OH MY!

So this past weekend was the 4rth of July. It is indeed one of my favorite holidays. I love the patriotism and remembering the amazing legacy of our country, and of course I love dressing like a flag and watching fireworks! So for this year we went to LA to visit my grandparents. A lot of my cousins were there with their ultra cute kids so that makes it that much better! We didn't do anything really out of the ordinary, just the usual eating of fast food and playing with the pool table. We played SCUM, which was pretty fun. On the way home we saw an occasional fire work from the local high schools which was exciting. I still wish that I could have seen a real show though.
Well yesterday was my day off and I was very grateful for it. I slept in till 10 even though I could have gotten up much sooner, but it was still way nice. After I got up, I had some french toast eggo things with chocolate milk=delicious. Then I went for a walk/jog with Caitlin and we did some push-ups and sit-ups while we watched last week's So You Think You Can Dance. I love Kent and Alex for the boys and Lauren and Ashley for the girls. This season is really good. I am calling Alex to win it. After that I tanned outside for a little bit while writing in my sisterhood journal :) Our family then headed over to the Naylor's for a BBQ. It was lots of fun to hang out with a few families from the ward. Then at night I had a few of my friends over and we went swimmming and watched the Bachlorette. Followed by an interesting round of Haley's made up game, "What's your deal". It was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment