I was glad to share this experience with my two beautiful friends and roommates Nicole and Brynn. These girls mean the world to me and I am glad I live with them and we can become so close already! Overall last night, though it was emotional and I may or may not have canker sores from the amount of ice cream I consumed...it was much needed.
This blog was inspired by the song "On My Way Here" by Ryan Tedder. In the chorus it says, "On my way here, where I am now, I've learned to fly you have to want to leave the ground. I've fallen hard, but I've been loved, and in the end it all works out. My faith has conqered fear, on my way here." I want to remember my falls, my faith and flight so I remember it here.
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Recapturing Beauty
So yesterday was kinda an emotional day for me. It marked a one year anniversary of a lot of different things and for whatever reason it just put me into this funk for the entire day. Well I went with Brynn and Nicole to this devotional by Stephanie Nielson. Her story is absolutely incredible and her devotional was so good. It was definitely something I needed to hear. It is always nice to be reminded of our divinity. Stephanie talked about what it was like getting through her trials and coming to a point in her life when she truly felt beautiful again and it wasn't the day when she accepted the way her face looked, it was when she realized she still had worth in the eyes of God, her father. She said a few things that really stuck with me. One was, "Be women of Christ. Cherish and love yourself." The other was one that definitely hit me, probably because I needed to hear it. She said, "I feel honored to carry this burden". I love that attitude. As I sat listening to her talk about over coming her trials and burdens through Christ I felt so much peace and love in that moment.

I was glad to share this experience with my two beautiful friends and roommates Nicole and Brynn. These girls mean the world to me and I am glad I live with them and we can become so close already! Overall last night, though it was emotional and I may or may not have canker sores from the amount of ice cream I consumed...it was much needed.
I was glad to share this experience with my two beautiful friends and roommates Nicole and Brynn. These girls mean the world to me and I am glad I live with them and we can become so close already! Overall last night, though it was emotional and I may or may not have canker sores from the amount of ice cream I consumed...it was much needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow...ok...i feel like chopped liver.
ReplyDeletekaren! don't be stupid. i just had a picture with them ok! doesn't mean i love you any less :)
ReplyDeletelies.
ReplyDelete