My bestest crust came over and we went and got cookies and cream milk and cookies and cream ice cream from the creamery....such an awful place, but I forgive it because it has my yummy milk. So we mixed the two together and it was the best idea I ever had. SO DERICIOUS!
We then watched Little Rascals because Karen has never seen it. Can you believe that? Yeah me neither.
They are so freaking cute I just want to eat them! My heart definitely belongs to Porky.We then attempted to see Step Up 3 but it was all sold out. So we went for a canyon drive.
Our drive up the canyon was emotional, that's just the way me and Karen tend to be, but I love that about us. One thing we talked about was this feeling of emptiness that we felt was consuming our lives. Like we need something to fill it, we can't be content with the empty feeling. And I just think that's stupid. Why do I constantly have to be looking for something to fill this missing part of me? And why can't it be filled? Well I propose that it's because I have been trying to fill it with the wrong things.
I have been trying to fill it by getting better grades, setting goals, dating....especially dating...and not that any of these things are bad, it's just that I am focusing wayyy to much on myself and not enough on Christ. My emptiness is best filled with him. I can fill myself with scripture study and prayer and temple trips...so obvious! I don't know why I didn't figure it out before.
It doesn't even matter what caused me to feel this emptiness or why I even let part of me be taken away. The important thing is that it can be filled. Filled with Christ and that thought is oh so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment