Tuesday, June 15, 2010

When life gets you stuck...find your daddy.

So I was just going back through some old blog posts because I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do. I already did another post today...which is evidence of how slow things are at work today. It seems like I can't find a single thing to do and I wait and wait until it's time to get the mail because then there is something to do and then at that time EVERYONE asks me to do something for them and I can't even take a breath. Funny how that works. Anyway so I am not completely off topic because I wanted to talk about something that happened at work.

It was actually the same day that I made my post about working at the wonderful Preovolos and Associates. It was my second day of work and things seemed to be going smoothly and I felt a lot better than the first day. So I already wrote about the fiasco that I had with parking that morning...little did I know how good it would get. So I leave the lot and I am all excited because it was a good day, minus what happened in the morning. I pull out of the exit which is on a steep hill and there is a wall next to it because it runs along a main road and you have to merge. So I start to get over to go to the road...well I tried at least. I got myself stuck completely on this large curb that had the remains of a post (metal prongs)...yeah those wouldn't let me go. I called my parents in a panic because people were honking and finally a person from the building came and told me to call a tow truck and so my parents did and then they came down. My parents got there before the tow truck and anyone who knows my dad well enough can imagine the face he makes when there is a quandry. He walked around the car and stared at it for probably 5 minutes. Then he had me get in and he tried to push it but that didn't help. He went to the back of the car and got out a bat. I thought to myself well nice dad we can't get it off so let's put a few dents in it. He somehow wedged it under the tire of the car and then told me to floor it and he single-handedly lifted my car and pushed it off. YAY daddy!!! No tow truck even necessary. So that was my adventure. My poor husband has a lot to live up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment