Thursday, June 17, 2010

my life as of lately...simple and grand

So I never like really posting things that happen from day to day because I feel like they are boring. But then I remembered why I got this blog in the first place, to remember those little everyday moments. Afterall, life is a few big moments held together by all the simple, little moments in between. And if I really start to think about it, I live for the little moments and simple pleasures. I can honestly remember going to get my favorite grape with pop rocks blizzard at DQ for family night better than my own graduation. So with all that in mind I am going to take the time to remember my everydays :)

Last night I got home from work and I had to go pick up Jacob and take him to a birthday party. The party was in this little condo place called "Collage". We used to live really close to that area when I was little and when people talked about going to college...I assumed that was the place. It's always been this sorta mystery to me I suppose, and it wasn't until just last month that I went there as part of an adventure with my friends. It is hardly as exciting as I imagined, but I still got a little thrill when I went there last night.

Nick Ashton also came over last night. He really wanted me to play the piano for him, but I refused. Just because I have been playing for ten years doesn't mean I am comfortable to play in front of just anyone. So I told him we could watch recording of a piano recital. We couldn't find any good ones though so we watched some old family videos...mostly of Christmas. Then we went in the spa and we had some deep discussions about life and love. I saw a shooting star. We then proceeded to facebook stalk some people and share stories about our past. Overall it was a pretty good night. I didn't go to bed till like 11:30, and somehow I am not even tired. It will probably hit tomorrow.

So now it is today. When I woke up this morning I felt ready for the day. The sun is shining super bright and it warms my heart. I feel sorta like bumblebee today because I am wearing a yellow sweater and a black skirt. I ate blackberry yogurt for breakfast and I am having a bad hair day. I listened to Marissa's Fav Mix I on the way here and it brought a big smile to my face. And lastly, I am in a particularly good mood because I am thinking about how good my life is.

2 comments:

  1. Number 39 is the BEST!!! Love you so much Marissa! Can't wait till the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it is ;) LOVE YOU MORE!!! and like fall needs to come right now!

    ReplyDelete