Values from a man of values that I learned to value
Some things really stick out to me this day as we celebrate how much we love our fathers. To my own daddy:
1. The value of hard work-my dad is probably the hardest working person I know. He is always, and I mean always, problem-solving. He knows how to fix everything and even if he doesn't he figures it out. Through many nights of calculus homework, he taught me about how to figure things out and work through them and try all possibilities before giving up.
2. The value of a good laugh- my dad can be pretty serious but he definitely knows how to laugh. He has taught me that it is important to laugh at little things to help you get through what may be hard. I can't think of a dinner where we didn't all end up hysterically laughing at some random thing...and it was usually because of him. He has taught me how to laugh things off, which has got me through lots of insecurities and bad days.
3. The value of a loving, happy home-Coming to college has made me realized just how blessed I am to have parents and especially a father who supports me and makes sure our home is a good place. I miss my family terribly and I know it's because my father made my home a place of safety and love.
4. The value of the priesthood-No one honors their priesthood like my father. He has such a strong testimony of the gospel and he is so humble. His example has blessed me in countless ways.
5. The value of quality time-I love spending time with my family. As annoying as it used to be, I am so grateful that my dad took the time to make sure we all spent time together. I look back at those memories and if I close my eyes for long enough I can sometimes get lost in a nostalgic haze. I long for those times now.
6. The value of marriage- I hope with all my heart to one day love someone as much as my parents love each other. My mom always tells me the cute things she loves about my dad and I gag a little, but it is pretty cute. My dad is a wonderful man and part of all that wonder comes from being an outstanding husband.
7. The value of values-My dad taught me my whole life through his example. I discussed this with one of my roommates how I don't remember being punished much as a child and I know it's because my parents taught me a righteous way of living...choosing the wrong never even seemed like an option. Thank you dad for teaching me to choose the right.
I love you so much daddy, I couldn't ask for a better father!
Love,
Peep
We are really blessed.
ReplyDeletei was curious why you didn't comment on this before. now you have.
ReplyDelete