OK so this post takes the cake for one of the craziest things I've done. Me, Karen, Brynn and Catherine camped out for the BYU Utah game. It was honestly the funnest weekend I've had in a long time. Possibly ever. We got some panda express...made for a gassy night....and set up our tent around 7 PM the day before. We were the 75th tent in line! It was nuts. There were almost 100 tents by the end of the night. Here is a picture of the morning of at the Marriott Center. The tents went all the way to the NE side. This is the East side. It was insane.
The night was a cold one but we came extra prepared. Brynn was the most ridiculous by far. She was wearing literally 5 layers. 2 pairs of leggings. 2 pajama pants and sweats. I wore leggings and sweats. We kept telling her that she looked chubby the whole night. (please notice her thighs) Here's her chub face:
This is bundled up Marissa. Just one of my many blankets. I was actually sweating in the night because of the wonderful sleeping bag that Steele let me borrow. Sooo warm.
We really didn't sleep at all though. Our FHE bros came and hung out with us till like 1 and before that me, Karen and Catherine were practically peeing ourselves with all the fun we were having. We played phase 10 and we were eating vanilla wafers, which are superb. Oh and they were bite size. We couldn't get enough of them. Karen was being a baby and didn't want to move from her warm position, so she asked slave Marissa to get her some wafers by saying "wafe me" I then proceeded to tell her, "wafe yourself". We were gasping for air because of all the laughter. And tears make your face real cold when it's below freezing. SOOOO FUN! Our FHE brothers also brought us some hot chocolate. So kind. Besides the craziness that occurred in the tent we also had some fun outside the tent. We played wall ball and ran around and screamed. NOT nearly as much as the stupid freshmen. Stupid freshmen. I also told time with the moon because I am cool and I can. We also made a giant pyramid. I don't have a picture because it was on Karen's camera. Oh well.
We all drifted in and out of sleep for the majority of the night. Me and Catherine talked till around 3:3o and we had trouble sleeping because the couple in the tent next to us seriously talked the entire night. I don't even think they were married. HONOR CODE!!! The boy's voice was sooooo deep it just carried right through to our tent. Also the freshmen were screaming and running around for a while. We were sleeping in the tunnel so it was the only place that was light and therefore lots of people crowded together there. Everyone got up super early too so yeah we were pretty tired. But so excited. We took shifts to leave and go shower and get cute. Waiting in line during the day went by pretty fast actually. There were lots of people cutting, but none passed us. We were rude. But hey we waited 24 hours and they didn't so I didn't feel that bad. This one group cut right in front of us. They were sorta talking to the people in front of us who were friends of a mutual friend so we thought they knew them. Then we asked them and they said they had no idea who the cutters were. That was it. They were out of there! So Karen asked them if they slept there and they said no but these are our friends right here....and I said actually they're our friends and they don't know you so unless you have a really good explanation for straight up lying to our faces we'd appreciate it if you moved to the back of the line. Then Brynn mumbled suck on that. Then they were like fine. And I gave them a very classic Marissa dirty look. I wanted to punch them so bad, I was a little tired and slightly on edge. Eventually we got inside and it was all worth it :) Here is a decent picture of the group!
We totally kicked butt and it was a fantastic game. I totally want to do it again next year!!!!! Sisterhood of the Marriott camp-out reunion?!
Love your recap of the campout! and of my many layers :) It was so much fun!
ReplyDeleteyes please.
ReplyDeletealso, pretty please put your pictures up on facebook! or email them to me :)