Alright so I got this absolutely ridiculous email from a kid in one of my classes. Because of recent technology and blackboard he was able to send this email to the entire class. Please enjoy.
Dear fellow Geology 112 students-
I'd like to first thank Dr. Britt for being a great professor. He's fun and makes class enjoyable. I think we can all agree. But I've noticed a bit of a problem with the light-hearted environment in our classroom.
Not all, but a lot of individuals in our class won't stop talking. I understand, you're sitting by your friends and discussing weekend plans or cracking jokes regarding echinoderms is an urge too great to resist. But seriously, you guys need to stop talking. It's disruptive and makes it really hard to concentrate in class. Just today, I was sitting by at least a half dozen people who talked the entire duration of class. You're not talking quietly either. You're a lot louder than you think. And you know who you are.
If you're a freshman, now is the time to learn to be quiet in class, out of respect for others and for your own sake. And if this isn't your first year, grow up. Seriously. If you can't resist the compulsion to talk to your friends, please don't sit by them. Or write notes. Or text them. Or anything. Just please stop talking.
Thanks for your consideration. And if some of you are offended, please come confront me. I'd love to discuss this issue with you. Just ask for me in class, I'll let you know who I am.
OK it's one thing to ask everyone to be quiet. Whatever. I've never noticed it being loud because it is a discussion class. I just can't get over how funny it is. The whole "holier than thou" is what gets me. Oh and my favorite part is "I'll let you know who I am". Who is this guy?
No comments:
Post a Comment