Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One "Major" Decision

So since this semester I have been loving my geology classes so much and it's making me feel kinda unsure about changing my major to Earth and Space Science Teaching. I am still going to do it because I know it is the right thing to do. I just hate second guessing myself. The more I learn in my geology classes each day, the more I am beginning to realize that my dream job is never going to happen. I am not sure that it would even happen if I still majored in geology....it's just more likely. Even the thought of not getting to go exploring outside and just learning each day about the beautiful creation I live on makes me want to cry! I am realizing that I am not going to live on a boat and explore the ocean that I want to learn about so bad! I am never going to become famous for my research on deep sea vents or any of that. Who knows though, maybe my passion will turn into teaching kids. I also know that it's really not at all practical to be a geology major because I would still have to go to grad school for marine science and by that time I know I will want a family a lot more. I know that being a wife and mother are going to be far more rewarding than any job I could ever have....but right now, watching explosions under the ocean seem a tad more fantastic.

Cute....but check this out:


That's right. That is freaking black smoke so hot it will burn your face off. Oh and no big deal it's just UNDER freaking water and it's freaking coming out of the earth!!! Freaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment