Today I was walking out to my car carrying my keys and I looked down and noticed something on my key chain that I haven't looked at in a while. My BFF mood ring. I was thinking just how much I miss the other 2 parts to this ring. I miss our moments that we got to spend together every day. I miss discussing my life with them, all of us together. I miss living with them. I miss their laughs, their insight, their jokes, the list goes on. This semester has been pretty amazing and when people ask me what's hard about it I always say calc first but my mind almost always instantly turns to these two girls. It's hard that it's not being shared with them.
I am so glad though that we can have this time apart that we can all grow as individuals. I realize how much I truly depended on them and if it weren't for them and their love and guidance I would not have made it through the year. I know now how to stand on my own because of their examples, but it hasn't been easy.
I was thinking about our last moment that we had as a trio and it breaks my heart. We all knew it would be a whole summer apart, little did we know that the circumstances would change and it would end up turning into a year and a half. But as I stood holding them in my arms that day we said goodbye I still felt peace. I knew that our friendship was one that would last.
That's the best thing about these girls. I don't have to see them every day or even talk to them every day to feel their love and to know they will be there for me.
Hay and Katers I sure miss you and I sure love ya. BFFs.
Aw Marissa I love you. This almost made me cry.
ReplyDeleteIt was my first cry of the semester writing this. Can you believe that? I'm so unemotional these days. I love you too Katy!
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you!! I know what you mean, this year is definitely a lot less emotional than last year.
ReplyDeleteoh and it feels soooo good.
ReplyDeleteaw :) you're so sweet.
ReplyDelete