Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Never Say Never

So today is Tuesday. I tend to be really stressed out on Tuesdays because I have class basically from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. I honestly don't know how I survived getting up so early for seminary in high school because I can barely roll out of bed at 8:00 here. Last night I was up late doing hw as usual because Tuesday is when it is due. I didn't finish my math hw which is frustrating because there is no slowing down for me, even when I am completely lost. So last night I was sitting trying to figure out my hw and I was just thinking to myself that there is no way I can ever finish this. At that moment one of my favorite songs came on "Never Say Never" by the Fray. It's a weird song for me because I listened to it a lot after I left home in the summer. It was my song with my best friend Samera, who was one of the hardest people to leave. I still love it even though it evokes all this sadness in me. I am currently learning how to play it on the piano so I can play it for her as a surprise when I go home. I love playing the piano. That song has become very special to me during these midterm months. Anyway...so this song just reminds me that most anything is possible. I say that because I can't fly (even though me and Haley are going to try tonight!), I can't buy anything I want, I probably won't become president...but there are A LOT of things that I can do. I've really learned that since leaving home. I have learned to do so many things on my own. Like calculus. Though I can't always solve every problem on my own I still can do a lot. I've definitely learned to not say I could never do that. I realize that we can do so much more than we could ever imagine, but most of all that it all comes from with help of our Heavenly Father. I always have his hand to hold when I can't walk on my own. So my new motto is "Never Say Never"...because it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment