Patrick and Gavin pretend to hate when I sing songs about what we're doing and about them. Secretly I know they love it. I was singing a song about Patrick while we were doing a puzzle. I said he's so full of romance. For some reason he thought this meant that his pants were full of romance?? He starts cracking up. And then like 10 minutes later he goes that was funny when you said my pants are full of romance. Then he tells me, "YOUR PANTS ARE FULL OF ROMANCE!" I think it's funny to me for different reasons than it is funny to him.
Well lucky me since I started this singing what we're doing tradition, Gavin decides to pitch in. He starts singing to me, "eat your underwear" to the tune of hot cross buns. Pat says, "I've done that. They taste pretty good." I say, "You ate my undies?!" He says he has eaten his too. I asked him what they taste like and he says very nonchalant, "tastes like salty candy. Salty candy."
A few days later I was looking at a book of famous pictures from LIFE magazine. Pat climbs up next to me and sees a picture of soldiers telling people to leave their homes. He asks me, "Is this what's happening in Syria?" Me, not expecting him to ask that, give him a look like huh? he then says, "the Syrian government is killing their own people." Then he went back to looking at his book.
I think my favorite thing is he has no idea how hilarious he is. He is one smart cookie.
No comments:
Post a Comment