I thought I might update the public about what it is like to be a nanny for 2 boy geniuses.
Patrick (6) the other day on our walk to soccer was telling me alll about his favorite flower--gerber daisies-- (just so happens they are my favorite flower too!)
Well as it would turn out hydrangeas are also a very pretty flower (especially the blue ones) but their scent is not as strong as gerber daisies. There is a flower that has a better scent than both of them, but he can't remember the name. Luckily we passed by one of them on the way home so we could stop and smell it! He also asked me about this curious leaf we saw. He saw one like it before and figured they were probably a related species.
Oh and his favorite color is magenta....does this worry anyone else?
A few days after that he was showing me all of his MANY star wars ships, where their guns are, telling me about how powerful they are etc. He really likes this one ship...of course I can't remember the name...anyway, he really likes it because it's very maneuverable and when it fires, it's basically a cartwheel of bullets!
Gavin (9) told me yesterday that we should set up bank accounts for cows. No I am not even kidding you. He said that since we use their milk they should get money put in an account to pay them for their services. Without laughing (serious skill) I asked him what a cow would do with money. I got him there! He said well their owners would use the money for the cows to have better grains and living conditions. I didn't have the guts to tell him that cows eat their own poop and roll in it, and could probably care less if they have whole grains or recycled grains.
Smart kids. That's for sure.
Hmmmm- So we would give money to the owners in exchange for the cow's milk? ...Don't we already do that?
ReplyDeletebahahahaha you are smarter than the boy genius! and rhett loves you.
ReplyDelete